Atterro Workforce Solutions Case Studies
THE ACTION PLAN: Atterro Workforce Solutions on-site team quickly recruited and qualified candidates, with the support of the local branch office and extensive corporate resources. Candidates were screened and availability confirmed to work weekends and overtime for the duration of the project.
- Securing dedicated team members to identify and qualify candidates for the project
- Placed recruitment advertising using a variety of employment media
- Conducted Saturday and Sunday open houses
- Placed a dedicated team member on-site in both locations
- Provided on-call 24 hours a day, seven days a week client support for the duration of the project
- Provided client with complete labor tracking and operations results in half hour increments
- Atterro successfully staﬀed both contact centers within the specified 48-hour time frame.
- Exceeded the initial goal of 225 talent working within the 48-hour timeline and added another 100 talent to the contact centers within the first week.
- With over 330 talent working on the project, contact center representatives serviced over 108,700 consumers.
- Daily call volume peaked at 12,228 calls with an average hold time of only of 13 seconds.
- Atterro’s contact center experience, the ability to quickly mobilize its resources, and the cohesive team exceeded the client’s The client was amazed with the eﬃciency, quick turn time and the qualified professional talent provided. A service level of 91.5% was achieved, exceeding the client’s expected service level. Atterro was commended on teamwork and commitment to providing qualified and proficient talent resulting in a successful project for a contact center client.
THE ACTION PLAN: Atterro developed and executed a custom-tailored talent acquisition strategy targeting a variety of information technology and customer service professionals throughout San Antonio.
- Networking with established local media contacts to generate candidate/resume activity for open
- Writing compelling job descriptions to drive online resume
- Advertising and marketing positions through email campaigns, social media network, exclusive talent community database, and onsite job
- Partnering with professional networking organizations and
- Thoroughly screening and selecting appropriate talent based on customer service and technical skill
- Designing and conducting a comprehensive talent onboarding process including a first day orientation pr
- Providing daily talent management
THE RESULTS: Atterro successfully staﬀed over 400 open positions during a 4 year period, achieving a 97% on-time fulfillment rate on behalf of the client. Over half of the new hires who were onboarded and trained by Atterro were eventually hired on by the client as full-time employees, many who have been promoted to leadership positions within the organization including supervisors, team leads, trainers, quality assurance and IT support professionals. Due to the high level of success and support Atterro was able to achieve in staﬃng this new operational facility, the client assigned Atterro to staﬃng projects for additional facilities located in Troy, AL, Aberdeen, SD, Fairfax, VA, Mansfield, MA along with Texas locations in Bedford, Dallas, Austin, and Ft. Worth.
In order to find the right ally to accomplish its goals, the company used an external consultant to analyze both its internal situation and competing providers. As a result of this consultation, Atterro was selected as the exclusive partner because of its experience, service and proven success.
THE ACTION PLAN: Atterro began by meeting with Human Resources, Business Unit Leaders and key Departmental Hiring Managers, discovering and identifying what was important to them. The Atterro team collaborated to determine where they could streamline processes and maximize eﬃciency. Areas identified included:
VENDOR AND CONTRACT MANAGEMENT:
- Worked with department managers and human resources to consolidate a list of approved vendors and 1099 contractors.
- Communicated process changes and contractual requirements to all approved vendors.
- Ensured compliance with screening, background checks, onboarding and confidentiality procedures.
- Aligned skill requirements, bill rates and invoicing procedures.
- Consulted with the customer to eliminate certain elements of its pre-employment criminal background check that were proven to be ineﬀective and expensive.
- Added all sub vendors into Atterro’s on-line timekeeping system and implemented a streamlined invoicing process for ease of tracking and payment.
- Standardized bill rates by department to meet budgets and skill.
HIRING AND TRAINING:
- Interviewed managers to gain a better understanding and document individual departmental needs.
- Developed an Interview Profile Summary to help identify better qualified talent and provide presentation consistency with each candidate.
- Facilitated strategic planning meetings with human resources on a weekly basis to address any issues and discuss Atterro initiatives.
- Initiated weekly meetings with the customer’s direct hire recruiting team to consult on open requisitions and discuss forecasted staﬃng needs.
- Developed two week training and onboarding program that included a customized orientation and company video created by Atterro.
- Standardized background check process for all incoming new hires and contractors.
SAFETY AND MEASUREMENT:
- Implemented a post accident/drug testing process for temporary and contract employees that the customer adopted for full-time employees.
- Attended customer’s internal training for safety audits, training tracking and measurement of employees.
- Implemented these programs for temporary and contract employees.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Atterro provided the customer with consistent procedures and documentation tools (which they later adopted) to improve the eﬀectiveness of their employee relations investigations.
THE RESULTS: Atterro helped the client meet its aggressive hiring goals thus allowing the firm to sustain its revenue growth. Through more efficient vendor management, the client realized more than $600,000 in hard cost savings, with more subjective soft cost and time savings far exceeding expectations. Using more effective solutions, Atterro was able to ensure a consistently qualified contingent workforce through better screening, selection, onboarding and training efforts.
How Atterro Workforce Solutions doubled the skilled trade workforce for a provider of natural gas compression equipment
An oil and gas equipment provider was expanding its Houston manufacturing facility and needed to more than double its skilled trade workforce – including welders and machinists, among Houston’s highest demand positions.
To recruit these hard-to-find candidates, Atterro Workforce Solutions developed a customized plan that went well beyond conventional talent acquisition, including such tactics as:
- Creating a compelling marketing campaign targeting both active and passive job seekers
- Offering enhanced referral bonuses to all working employees
- Engaging in skilled trade chat rooms to build new relationships
- Working directly with trade school career counselors
- Participating in energy, welding and engineering association meetings and conducting welding competitions to attract new candidates
- Utilizing Atterro’s recruiting center resources to respond to every candidate inquiry within 30 minutes
Atterro successfully staffed 185 skilled trade positions for this company, which subsequently hired more than 40 Atterro temporary workers as regular employees.