Atterro Workforce Solutions Case Studies
Increasing Retention & Morale within a Medical Device Manufacturing Facility
THE CHALLENGE: For years, a medical device manufacturer had experienced issues with candidate flow and retention. In many ways, they served as a training platform for their competitors; candidates would stay for six months and then move on to another medical device company that required previous experience with competitive pay.
THE ACTION PLAN: Atterro stepped in to implement talent acquisition and retention strategies. Their action plan included:
- Conduct market research to find creative yet inexpensive ways to drive retention
- Provide a steady stream of quality candidates through a referral program, funded by both Atterro and the client
- Implement a bonus system to reward performance
- Implement an onboarding and employee engagement strategy to set clear expectations and develop an inclusive culture
- Review market trends to determine equitable pay rates
THE RESULTS: Atterro has proven to be a trusted on-site partner for over a decade. They currently have 245 Talent working and have converted a number of Talent to full-time employees. The new referral program contributes up to 40 percent of each month’s candidate pool. And their recommendation to increase the tenure of assignments from 12 to 24 months has attracted a number of candidates looking for longer-term work.
After a rate increase, they now have record-breaking retention rates. Turnover has steadily dropped year-over-year, from 12.6 percent in 2015 to 8.6 percent in 2017. Atterro has also worked with the client to integrate into the company culture to improve morale and job satisfaction. Talent now receive many of the same incentives as full-time employees and are invited to participate in company-wide events and picnics.
“Atterro has consistently delivered quality candidates to meet our growing and ever-changing business needs. They have over-achieved our expectations while working in a competitive market with decreasing unemployment rates.” – Site Director